- Learn about brewing at the London Beer Lab
- Taste a selection of local, British & European beers
- Several brews will be worked on during the session
- Opportunity to return and assist with bottling
There’s definitely something brewing in the arches of the London Beer Lab! This funky community brewery opens its doors to hold regular beer brewing and tasting workshops, with the intention of showing you just how easy it is to make your own beer, even with no prior experience (other than drinking the stuff, that is).
Tucked away behind a residential street in Brixton, you’ll find the London Beer Lab in a converted railway arch. Downstairs are the bottle shop and brewing supplies section, along with tables and a bar area that has a couple of nice draft brews on tap, ready to be tasted.
Upstairs is the nerve-centre of this beer brewing laboratory. The head brewer has a wealth of recipes at their disposal, with all the necessary ingredients to hand - in fact you’ll see the rows and rows of white plastic containers on the shelves all around the room. After selecting the brews for the day, you will then take part in the beer-making process.
Despite looking like tea urns, the Braumeister vats that the London Beer Lab uses are really quite fancy. They are automatic and computer-controlled, to pretty much ensure you can’t make a bad batch of beer, as long as you follow the recipe and add in the hops and malts at the right time.
Of course, you probably won’t have such high-tech brew vats at home, so the London Beer Lab team is always up for chatting about and giving advice on home brewing using commonly available domestic kit. It’s also really useful to learn all about the different malt and hop options, which is what makes each finished beer different - and these brewers know all about that too!
Once the brew’s on, attention turns to tasting the in-house wares as well as beers from neighbouring London brewers such as Late Knights and By the Horns, with the likes of some very nice imported Belgian beers too. Having quenched your thirst, it’s time to get back to your brews in the lab.
At the end of your brewing and tasting day at the London Beer Lab, you have the choice of taking home 8 different bottled beers from the shop, or you can wait to be invited back to the bottling of the brews that you assisted with. Once in the bottles, you’ll be given 12 of them and there’s just a couple of weeks to wait before you can crack open your beer made with your very own hands!
Did you know you can give this
deal as a personalised gift voucher?
Once deal is purchased, Hush Hush Daily Deals will send you your confirmation of purchase.
Your voucher code will be sent 24 hours after purchase, along with details of how to redeem.
• Join the master brewers to brew 4-5 different beer recipes
• Learn about the journey of beer from stalk and bine to frothy pint
• Sample a selection of fine beers brewed in London
• Beer tasting throughout the afternoon
• Take home 8 bottles from the shop stock (up to a maximum value of £25) or opt to return to collect a mixed case of 12 bottles of the beer you helped to brew (approx 3-4 weeks later)
• Option to attend the bottling session when collecting your beer
• You will form part of a group of up to 15 participants
• Experiences last between 4-5 hours
• Selected Sundays at 1pm throughout the year (a minimum of once a month)
• Occasional Saturdays or midweek dates may be available during busy periods with varying start times
• All dates are subject to availability
Brixton, South London SW9
Minimum age 18
• Food can be ordered but is not included (delivered by a local restaurant)
• If opting to return to collect your brewed beer, cases must be collected within one month of the bottling date
• Workshops take place on a first floor without life access, therefore not suitable for wheelchair users
• There may be some moderate lifting (optional)
• Beers will be made using malted barley (gluten) and beers during tasting sessions also contain gluten (gluten free alternatives are not available)
Voucher valid for 30 days from purchase.
Original price checked on 6th July 2017 at 09.50.
Merchant T&Cs apply.
Price checked & discount may take into account Hush Hush Daily Deals Promos
Discount Is calculated Using the 'worth' of the item and the price at which Hush Hush Daily Deals is selling it. P&P is not included in this calculation.