By accessing the Site and/or by submitting personal data manually or in electronic form to us in connection with the Site you give your consent that all personal data that you submit will be processed by us in the manner and for the purposes described below. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it
If you have any questions at all about this policy or the Site or about how we use and process your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or, alternatively, in writing to www.HushHush.com Huxley House, Weyside Park, Catteshall Lane, Godalming, GU7 1XE.
1. Information Collection and Use
1. We are committed to protecting the privacy of the users of our Site. We are the sole owner of the information collected on the Site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from those disclosed in this statement.
2. We collect information from you at several different points on the Site, and may collect information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data and information and data about you available on other websites or databases.
4. When you submit personal information in connection with making a payment via the Site, such personal information is encrypted and protected with encryption software which lets your browser automatically encrypt data before you send it to us. While on a secure page the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just 'surfing'.
5. The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination located out side of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). By providing information to the Site you expressly consent to such information being transferred or stored outside of the EEA.
6. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of it. Any transmission of personal data to the Site is at your own risk.
2. Public (Unregistered) Users
1. We will not capture data about public (unregistered) users of the Site, other than your IP address and session details such as pages viewed and type of browser used. This information is automatically logged by the web server and will be used to evaluate the use and performance of the network.
1. In order to use the Site, you must first complete the registration form and all details required in it. During registration you are required to give your contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about those services on the Site in which you have expressed an interest. It is optional for you to provide other demographic information, including that relating to your social networks which will enable us to access publicly available data, but this is encouraged so we can provide a more personalised experience of the Site.
4. Disclosures of your Information
1. We may disclose your information to third parties at our discretion.
1. We may share (whether or not for payment) aggregated demographic information with our partners, clients and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
2. We may partner with another party to provide specific services. When you sign up for these services, we will share names or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
3. We may also use such aggregated information and statistics for monitoring the Site usage in order to help us develop the Site and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties.
7. Log Files
1. We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the Site and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
9. Direct Mailings
1. We regularly send out emails, discount books or alerts to our members. By default members will receive all email communications but if preferred, members can choose what types of emails they receive from us by managing their subscription options by clicking through from the link in the footer of our emails. We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our Site or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. This is an opt-in email option selected when you register to the Site. At any time you can alter your personal profile on the Site to disable any further emails.
2. From time to time the Site will request information from you via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as postcode or age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use of and satisfaction with this site.
1. If you elect to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. This information is then discarded after the email is sent.
11. Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act")
1. We make every effort to ensure that our practices, procedures and systems comply with the relevant data protection legislation and we are registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Act (Registration Number: Z1559617).
2. We shall only use your personal data in accordance with the legal requirements, principles and best practice recommendations of the Act, which grants you various rights in respect of the processing of your personal data.
3. For more details about your rights under the Act, the rules we have to adhere to in collecting and storing your information, and how you can check your data records, please visit www.dataprotection.gov.uk.
4. You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you by sending your request in writing, together with an administration fee of £10, to us at www.HushHush.com Huxley House, Weyside Park, Catteshall Lane, Godalming, GU7 1XE.
12. Updating/Removal of Personal Information
1. If any information regarding you requires to be corrected, updated or changed it is your responsibility to advise us of the required amendments.
2. If you inform us that you no longer desire our service, we shall correct, update or remove your personal data provided to us. Please note, an archive copy of any information provided to us may be retained by us for our records and for audit purposes.
1. If you have any questions at all about this policy or the Site, or about how we use and process your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, in writing to www.HushHush.com Huxley House, Weyside Park, Catteshall Lane, Godalming, GU7 1XE.